not a run with a cause • a cause with a run
Human trafficking is a real issue in our city, and the 2018 Super Bowl will bring the issue to a new level of dysfunction.
Researchers from Arizona State University studied online sex ads for 10 days surrounding the 2014 Super Bowl in New Jersey and found that ad volume spiked leading up to the event and dissipated afterward. At least half the ads appeared to involve sex trafficking victims.
Two things are exceedingly important as the Super Bowl approaches.
Organizations currently making a difference need to be resourced in order to be more effective.
- Average people need to be made aware of the issue and be equipped to help.
The Off The Streets, Super Run is an event striving to meet these needs.
- February 4, 2017 and February 3, 2018 (The Saturdays before the Super Bowl)
- A 5k walk/run in the concourse of Target Field 100% of proceeds go toward fighting human trafficking in our city
You Can Help:
- Be a recognized event sponsor at $500, $1000, or $5000 allowing for 100% of registration fees to go to “The Link” in 2017 (TheLinkMN.org).
- Join the army of people that will market this event in order to get hundreds of people running and walking this February.
- Join the collaborating team that is working together over the next 14 months in order to help prevent human trafficking in our city when the Super Bowl comes to Minnesota in 2018.
For more information and to get involved contact Scott Woller
at scott@CornerChurch.tv or at 612.801.9233
Corner Church will be managing contributions for the Off The Streets, Super Run. 100% of contributions will go to the run and to the cause. Corner Church is not taking a percentage of contributions. Following the event, an accounting documentation will be available for reviewal.
Please make checks out to Corner Church, memo: Super Run. Corner Church, 514 N 3rd St Suite 102, Minneapolis, MN 55401.
Target Field: $3,375 (This is with the Minnesota Twins giving over $13,000 of discounts)
Anderson Race Management: $2800
Marketing Budget: $1000
Swag bag that includes shirt, activated awareness items, and other swag: $2500
Sponsorship levels of $1000, $3000, and $5000
500 participants in 2017: $15,000
2500 participants in 2018: $75,000
The Minnesota Twins
The North Loop Neighborhood